Skip to main content

Score!!

I know I've been scarce here since before Christmas. Blame it on the movie companies. No good new movies=no new blog postings. Hopefully that will all change very soon. My husband and I scored big time on the DVD front this Christmas. Of course that was followed by his birthday and then mine (yesterday). We got even more movies. So, now we have enough DVDs to carry us through the upcoming dearth of good movies.

I have to say I have *the best* sister-in-law anyone could have. She sent me the t.v. show Nowhere Man, which is now out on DVD. I loved, loved, LOVED that show when it was on and can't believe it didn't generate enough fan interest to keep it on the air more than a season or two. However, now I have the DVD so I can enjoy all nineteen hours of it plus commentaries, deleted scenes, outtakes, and all that good stuff. Do you have any idea how hard it was to come to work today?

Of course it wasn't just the t.v. show that created such good memories of college for me. It was the fact that it was one of the nights my friends and I would crowd around the t.v. and have a fun night socializing and munching on snacks. Oh and then there was the analyzing the show afterwards. Then there were all the online friends I made when I subscribed to the listserv for the show. Even met one or two of them in real life when they stopped in the shop I was working in at Disneyland.

You know, I think there's still a Yahoo group dedicated to the show, at least I was part of one a year or so ago and some of the listserv members were on that. Perhaps now that I have the DVDs, I have to go back and see if the group is still going strong.

Sigh, now I'm all nostalgic and I have to wait until Saturday to pop in the DVD (if I want to watch it uninterrupted, that is). Ah well. A big shout out and thank you to my sister-in-law. Three days until Saturday!!

Happy DVD-ing everyone :)

Comments

Larry Hertzog said…
Yahoo Group -
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/NwM/

Also check out the NwM blog and podcasts -
http://www.nowheremandvd.com

Popular posts from this blog

Hitch and the Oscars

Well, after quite some time I"m finally getting here to update this blog. I noticed tonight it's been since January since I wrote anything. Don't know how this post will turn out, though because my body is trying to get a cold and I'm trying to keep ahead of it. Assuming everyone hasn't given up on this blog, does anyone have tried and true methods to offer on how to keep from getting sick? I have to work the next seven days straight through and absolutely have no time to get sick. On the up side, though, I met someone at my church who likes Lord of the Rings as much as I do so now I have someone (in real life) to talk about the movies with and my husband won't have to listen to me talk LotR non-stop, lol! Anyway, on to the update. There are two reasons for the lack of updates. First, all the shows I watch have been first run episodes, so what with keeping up with my t.v. shows, there hasn't been time to catch many movies. Second, there haven't been ma

Inspiration

Every so often a movie comes along that truly inspires you every time you watch it, more than any other movie you've ever seen. You can watch it over and over and always learn something new about yourself and the world around you. It's the one movie you turn to when life hits a low point and you need someone or something to help pick you back up. I don't know what that one movie is for you, but for me I've discovered it's the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Return of the King most of all. I don't know why these movies help to pick me up. Maybe it's watching Frodo's struggling journey that helps me realize as hard as I think things are for me, some people struggle with something much harder to deal with and they do it with great perseverance and courage. Like Frodo, they come out a different and stronger person. Makes me realize I should stop complaining and just get on with the task or tasks at hand. Or maybe it's seeing that Frodo wasn't