Skip to main content

Inspiration

Every so often a movie comes along that truly inspires you every time you watch it, more than any other movie you've ever seen. You can watch it over and over and always learn something new about yourself and the world around you. It's the one movie you turn to when life hits a low point and you need someone or something to help pick you back up. I don't know what that one movie is for you, but for me I've discovered it's the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Return of the King most of all.

I don't know why these movies help to pick me up. Maybe it's watching Frodo's struggling journey that helps me realize as hard as I think things are for me, some people struggle with something much harder to deal with and they do it with great perseverance and courage. Like Frodo, they come out a different and stronger person. Makes me realize I should stop complaining and just get on with the task or tasks at hand.

Or maybe it's seeing that Frodo wasn't alone in his journey. He always had Sam, who stuck by him and encouraged him, even when Frodo tried to push him away. There were all the others who stood with him as well. When I think on that, I think of all the people in my life who whisper words of encouragement to me. They stick by me even when I tune out their words or push them away.

I just came off of working 12 days straight. Yes, you read that right, 12 days with out a day off and let me just say, by last night I was truly beat. In fact all week I've been coming home and saying to my husband, "I just don't think I can go another day." To which he always replies, "Yes you can." So, I spent today watching Return of the King and I've got several other movies lined up as well. I've got to say, I think by Tuesday (which is when I go back again) I will be able to walk into that library, plan my programs, and yes, even deal with the teens who insist on using other people's library card numbers to gain more time on the internet. Now if I could just figure out what part of "Only two people on the computer at a time" they don't understand, life will be perfect.

Have a great day all!

Comments

letti said…
i have had the return of the king dvd forever now..i think i will watch it today :)

letti.blogspot.com
You know, I love those movies, but you just made me look at them in a whole new light. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hitch and the Oscars

Well, after quite some time I"m finally getting here to update this blog. I noticed tonight it's been since January since I wrote anything. Don't know how this post will turn out, though because my body is trying to get a cold and I'm trying to keep ahead of it. Assuming everyone hasn't given up on this blog, does anyone have tried and true methods to offer on how to keep from getting sick? I have to work the next seven days straight through and absolutely have no time to get sick. On the up side, though, I met someone at my church who likes Lord of the Rings as much as I do so now I have someone (in real life) to talk about the movies with and my husband won't have to listen to me talk LotR non-stop, lol! Anyway, on to the update. There are two reasons for the lack of updates. First, all the shows I watch have been first run episodes, so what with keeping up with my t.v. shows, there hasn't been time to catch many movies. Second, there haven't been ma...

"Here's Lookin' at You Kid"

The other day my husband and I watched Casablanca . It came in at number 2 on AFI's list and I can see why. Citizen Kane was number 1 and this movie was definitely just as brilliant as that one. In fact, they are two of my new favorite movies. I have to ask myself, how did I go through 30 years of life without watching Casablanca ? Allow me to expound - Acting: Some of the accents were a little off, but aside from that, the acting was so good. Sam cracked me up and there was such great acting on the part of Bogart. My favorite scene was when he confronted Ilsa. He acted that scene with such passion that you could feel his character's heartache and anger. Plot: This storyline was much easier to follow than The Maltese Falcon . Also it was neat to see the famous scenes and hear the famous lines from this movie in their proper context. They make so much more sense now. Musical score: Very good in terms setting the tone of key scenes. Sam's playing and choice of music really a...